CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Burning Troubles

Sounds like a good book title - some sort of murder mystery. Unfortunately, it's an issue I'm having when burning organza. I'm getting a dark goo line where I burn. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?
You can see it around my tulip here. I'm using the Creative Textile tool, but had the same challenge with a regular soldering tool I'd picked up at Canadian Tire. It makes a kind of cool outline, but I don't always want that cool outline.

I'm excited that one of the ladies of the Fibre Art Traders group has taken me up on my Pay It Forward challenge (I'm thinking I've done it wrong, as I KNEW that I was the 8th, and not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd person to reply to the challenge, but I'm still happy to participate - I guess it's more about the giving, isn't it?).
I made progress last night on my soon-to-be-felted knit backpack while out having some wine at a friend's house. I think they thought I was a bit crazy when I told them I'd brought knitting. They're probably right.

No comments: