CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

5 Random things about me

I got tagged...sort of. Lisa Call got tagged, and tagged everyone who read her "5 Random Things About Me" post, so here I go:
1. I've not been to Europe yet. One of my favourite movie lines comes from "The Impostors", after Stanley Tucci gives an impassioned description of Paris. Lili Taylor says, "You know Paris very well. Have you been there?" Tucci replies, "Not physically". I feel like that.
2. Speaking of movies, I like some pretty strange ones. (see #1) I now own a movie I remembered watching on Channel 7 out of Buffalo one Sunday afternoon when I was a kid, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum".
3. I have a fondness for what I call my "Dead British People" shows and books. I love Agatha Christie mysteries, Brother Cadfael mysteries, Midsomer Murders, Rosemary and Thyme (of course! they're gardeners) and other, what I believe are referred to as "cozy" mysteries.
4. I don't think I'll ever have a "decorating style". My friends have definite, and excellent taste, and for all the magazines I have around this place, you'd think I'd have absorbed some sense of style, at least by osmosis, but, no. Do piles and piles of books everywhere count as a decorating style?
5. Few things make me happier than seeing students' confidence in their abilities grow during classes with me. I don't think I really "teach", so much as coach and mentor people through classes, and I find that incredibly rewarding. Watching the talented people I've taught develop their styles is one of the best things about teaching.

There, random, and wordy. Another random fact. If it can be said in 5 words, I'll manage 10. I'm going to do the same thing Lisa did - if you read this post, then please do the same - I'd love to see your post on your blog, or if you don't blog, put your random things either in the comments, or email them to me. If you're reading this, we likely have something in common already, and I'd love to hear from you.
There's to be a major storm this weekend, so I'll have to get things done today.

1 comment:

Lisa Call said...

Thanks for taking the tag. I love your comments about teaching.

Now I need to get off this computer and to my studio also.