CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving

I've been knitting the soon-to-be-felted backpack all day (when not preparing a full turkey dinner). I looked online to see if I could find any tips on making a needlefelted pumpkin and came across a blog that had a great recipe for an apple crisp. Silly me, though; instead of apples, I used pears. Pears are much moister than apples. It ended like most of my adventures in baking.
It's not exactly a crisp, as much as a soft. My own fault though. I used to do the same thing that aniexma used to do - sprinkle the topping rather than pressing it, so the juices cook the topping. Her blog name is Madly Off in All Directions...I thought she must be a Canadian by the blog's name.
I still haven't found any tips on making a needlefelted pumpkin. I just don't know if you're supposed to work around a base or not. Back to searching....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veronica, I never knew you do so much! I am happy to know I am part of your very busy, artistic life. You really do inspire me to get to all the projects I have running around in my head; especially in the middle of the night when I can't sleep! I went to the Library Thing site and have just spent at least an hour there; at least I have started my own library contents; something I have been meaning to do for a long time. You are so multi-faceted it's quite awesome!